tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 10 15:48:37 1995

Re: qaqaD!

On Tue, 10 Jan 1995, Matt Gomes wrote:

>   I'd like to know if anyone took me up on my challange and completed it...

I accepted your challenge.  But since the postal course was unfeasable
(moving from dorm to parents' house to apartment and i distrust the
usps), i accepted the challenge of 50 vocabulary words learned and
offered, in the place of your 3 postal course lessons, a good amount of the
work on my own IKVLs (Integrated Klingon Vocabulary Lists, known by some
as the Annotated Klingon Dictionary).

> I finished 3 postal course lessons... didn't get to any memorization
> (but I did review the words I've already memorized)...

I did not fare as well.  I began my IKVLs but have yet to accomplish
much.  I studied the tapes a bit, but inconsistently.  I did not sit down
to memorize any vocabulary, although I did read through old e-mail from
this list for practice.

I did, however, read (read: translate) a letter sent to me by my
Klingon pen pal, and I did write (read: translate *grin*) a letter to him.

>   Anyone else meet or beat me?  Lisa S?  Wouter?  KaaDaQ'?

*kneels*
You have come closer to accomplishing your goals than I have mine.
Therefore, this duel is your victory.

> -M

Qapla'
--naQ'avwI'