tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 01 08:09:35 1995

Re: KBLC

According to [email protected]:

> nuqneH
>
> I've been following the list for a couple of months now, and I have posted
> a few times. I am begining to grasp tlhIngan Hol a bit. Here are a couple
> of sentences I want the gramarians to critique:
>
> qatlh mojbe' tlhIngan'a'. (why not become Klingon?)

Waay close. This means, "Why does a Klingon not become?" Try:

qatlh tlhIngan bImojbe'.

"Why do you not become a Klingon?" When you use question words
like {qatlh}, you do not need to use the interogative suffix on
the verb (and you especially don't need to use one on a noun).

> maneHnISqu' vajpu' ghajqang quv.
> (we really need warriors willing to have honor!)

You need to work on word order and prefixes. This means, "We
very much need to want. Honor is willing to have warriors." Try:

quv ghajqangbogh vajpu''e' wIpoQbej.

"We definitely require warriors who are willing to have honor."
Here the {-bogh} creates the relative clause and the {-'e'} on
{vajpu''e'} tells you that the clause means "warriors who are
willing to have honor" and not "honor which the warriors are
willing to have".

> majQa', Qapla'
>
> heQtor - aide to 'aj bortaS, flagship KDF Heghtay

Good effort! May your learning ever increase.

charghwI'
--

 \___
 o_/ \