tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 22 12:28:02 1995

Re: KLBC: Question about -bogh

All this stuff about suffixes on the head-noun is *exactly* the same topic
as has been argued over and over here.  We've taken to calling it the "ship
in which I fled" problem (maybe not the best example sentence).  It's a
matter of (a) how if at all can you mark something not the subject or
object as head-noun, and (b) how if at all can you make the head-noun of a
relative clause fill a different role in the main sentebnce than it does in
the relative clause.  And the answer is we don't know.  Yet.

~mark

Back to archive top level