tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 22 08:21:23 1995

Nice Idea ?

So'wI' chu'Ha'lu'

Got a nice idea for a t-shirt, but I'm having a problem with limited
vocabulary. I've gotten some private input from Riku, charghwI' and ~mark
but thought this might be an interesting topic for discussion. Please,
everyone, tell me what you think:

Grey or Black t-shirt with an air brushed (for now) full color Klingon
emblem on the back with the following text on top of (in the foreground) in
pIqaD letters, and in romanize lettering, then the English for the
following (the meaning I'm trying to convey is "If I want your opinion, I
will read your entrails"):

(1)         vuDlIj vIneHchugh vaj Dochmey'e' ngaSbogh chorlIj vIlaD

"If I want your opinion, then I will read the things which belly contains"

                                    * or *

(2)   vuDlIj vISov vIneHchugh vaj Dochmeyvo' ngaSbogh chorlIj De'vetlh vIlaD

"If I want to know your opinion, then I'll read that information from the
things which your belly contains."

Granted, it's a bit of a stretch, considering we don't know if the Klingons
are into augery or not. I'd also like to use "entrails" if there IS a
Klingon word for that.

Please let me know which of the two sound best or if you have something
which sounds better. I'll add that to the list and we could vote on all the
choices.

So'wI' chu'lu'ta'

      vay' yIHub Hoch 'ej Hoch tIHub vay'
                                          - DumaS
vIta'pu'be' !!!   tlhIngan ghaH *Bart Simpson*'e'
Steve Weaver       [email protected]

Back to archive top level