tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 15 09:07:09 1995

Syracuse Language Systems Inc.

I received a flyer today called "Playing with Language Express" from
Syracuse Systems. In their product development news & notes section was
the following item:

-----------------ip-snay--------------------------------------

Available in Spanish, French, German, Japanese, ...Klingon?

As you might have guessed, when deciding what languages to
offer, we consider those that are the most popular for business,
school, and travel. Beyond certain obvious choices--Spanish and
French in the U.S. and Canada, and English in non-English-speaking
countries--the choices aren't clear. Among the factors that go into
the evaluation "mix," are the many requests we receive from our
customers for other languages of interest: from languages you might
hear in your neighborhood or in another country, such as Italian,
Hebrew, Chinese, or Dutch, to those heard only in distant galaxies
(yes, we've had several requests for Klingon!). So let us know what
languages you'd like to learn.

OK, so their astronomical knowledge leaves much to be desired. But their
address is:
SLS, Inc.
719 East Genessee Street
Syracuse, NY 13210

WHo knows - with enough warriors' tajmey at their throats, they just might
find it profitable.

...'ej vaj tlhetlh
Roger Sorensen                                 "...and so it goes."
St. John's University Computing Services         -- Linda Ellerbee
Collegeville MN 56321-2000

[email protected]      v:612-363-2035     f:612-363-2761