tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 08 14:58:40 1995

Re: TLHINGAN-HOL digest 98

>Date: Wed, 8 Feb 1995 07:38:48 -0500
>Originator: [email protected]
>From: Alan Anderson                        <[email protected]>

Saving charghwI' a little more work...

>janSIy > (wondering what The Guide says about Qo'noS)

>toDbaj > How about: yIlImQo'!

>jochHa' 'e' motlh...

You're trying to make a setence-as-subject construction here.  Klingon
doesn't have those.  What you've done is made "It's harmless" the *object*
to "it is usual", and I don't see how you can have an object of "usual."

I'd give you another suggestion, but it's not at all clear what it should
be.  Do you want to say "Most of it is harmless"?  "It is harmless most of
the time"?

I suppose we can rely on the fact that Okrand used "motlh" as an adverbial
in the Skybox cards and say "?motlh jochHa'" or else use "pIj jochHa'"

>-- ghunchu'wI'

~mark

Back to archive top level