tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Dec 23 20:14:29 1995

Re: NEED A RULEING....

> >I need a ruleing on how to say "after".
> >
> >I think, I remember in Power Klingon hearing "After we eat...." represented
> >as <maSoppa'be'...> but then it says in TKD that rovers cannot follow
> >a type 9 suffix (TKD page 49).
> >
> >I dont have my PK with me on this so I need help from the grammarian.
> >
> >david barron
>
> I suggest:  Verb + -pu' and an optional {vaj}.  Sometimes Verb + -DI' and an
> optional {vaj} works just as well for me.

I think <Verb-pu'DI'> might be what I am looking for .....I still need to
liston to POWER KLINGON again to find out what was said......

Keep in mind <vaj> is not a temporal "then" . <vaj>  best translates as
"therefore" or "thus".

--
 David Barron                    ||           lup Hoch yIyInqu'
 Klingon Language Postal Course  ||           qaStaHvIS wa' lup

Back to archive top level