tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 15 13:41:03 1995

qaqIHneS

~mark writes:
>Not quite.  The author is not necessarily speaking imperatively here;
>after all, there's the indicative prefix.  "tuHoHbe'" simply means
>"you do not kill me."  Perhaps it's an expression of confidence.  If
>indeed it is a request/command not to be killed, it has to be
>"HIHoHQo'", with the *imperative* prefix.  Please don't forget those;
>they're there for a reason!  ghunchu'wI', you know that!

va va va DaH HIHoH jIQaghqa'pa'.  (jIghIQnISqu')

I just made myself a whole collection of tlhIngan Hol reference sheets
to tape on the wall by my computer.  Numbers, noun and verb suffixes,
adverbial words, a bunch of stative verbs, and the verb prefixes...
but I accidentally labelled {tu-} as imperative.  HIvqa' veqlargh!
(Note that I wrongly called it imperative in my misguided critique.)

Many apologies, taj'IH.  I attacked a nonexistent problem -- your
{tuHoHbe'} is a perfectly reasonable sentence.  As ~mark (correctly)
suggested, though, you probably want to say {HIHoHQo'}.

Alan Anderson              Delco Electronics
{ghunchu'wI'}       Remanufacturing Services
        Test Equipment System Software Group

Back to archive top level