tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 05 16:36:20 1995

Re: chuS'ugh

At 07:17 PM 12/4/95 -0800, you wrote:

>> On Mon, 4 Dec 1995, Christian Matzke wrote:
>>
>> > For nearly every other word in the addendum I can locate the
>> > episode or movie from which it came; but chuS'ugh stumps me. Does
>> > anyone know?
>>
>> As far as I know, it's never been described.
>
>> yoDtargh
>
>Has anyone researched the origins of the material from the addendum?
>If not, would anyone be interested in seeing one?

There is one sentence in ST5 (I think) that is a COMPLETE backfit.
The script asked for the actors to say something and they DID,
in perfect tlhIngan Hol. Then the directors demanded a rewrite
when the shooting was long past. Okrand did a VERY skillfull job
of re working the meaning of what was said during that scene.
As I recall that is where <vaj> came to mean "warrior".

Krankor commented on this, I beleive, is one issue of HolQeD.

david

>                                      maSqa'

                       David Barron  [email protected]
        Klingon Language Postal Course,   PO Box 37, Eagle ID 83616
              It's FREE! Send Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope.
                     Not available by E-mail, so dont ask.

Back to archive top level