tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 30 01:05:32 1995

Re: }} *Othello* vIleghta'.

DaQtIq writes:
>(It wasn't easy to write about a play without constructing
>many hindsight words. How would you describe a performance
>by actors? Are actors *DawI'pu'*? Is *lut* satisfactory for
>play?)

Actors don't merely "act like" someone; they "act out" a role.
I don't see a concise way to define that concept in Klingon.
{vay' Dabogh vangwI'} perhaps, with {vangwI'} for short?

A "play" is a story which is watched as opposed to being read,
so I suggest {lut bejlu'bogh}, though that could apply to a
movie or TV show also.  {yej pa'Daq lut bejlu'bogh} for a play
presented in an auditorium, {HaStaDaq lut bejlu'bogh} for TV or
a video, and {HaSta'a'Daq lut bejlu'bogh} for a movie viewed in
a theatre?