tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 24 17:16:39 1995

Re: }} New Words

I'm a little concerned that publishing this in this style may
lead some to accept these spellings as canon before Okrand
confirms them. Meanwhile, I'm not sure at all that they are all
accurate.

According to [email protected]:

> Some more words on the tapes not in TKD

> chemvagh is a feline animal

In Holtej's translator, this is listed as chemvaH. I don't have
my most current annotation on this with me, so I can't be sure
about this; I'm working from an old printing.

> nuq mIgh is used to ask What is your number?  Can this re-embroil the
> discussion regarding Which number?

Make that {nuq mI'lIj, tera'ngan}. I doubt it would embroil
much. The question is not "Which of these numbers is yours?"
The question is "What is your number?" That's plain old "what".
The question is somewhat clipped, since the full version would
be {nuq 'oH mI'lIj'e', tera'ngan?}

> peHruS

charghwI'
--