tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 08 22:54:19 1995

Re[8]: }}} Dialects (was:...

r'Hul writes:
>Wait a second.  <tuHmoH> is the verb "to shame".  I can't believe that
>you break up words.

Believe instead that the dictionary includes some "verbs" that are actually
other verbs plus a suffix.  For instance, {ghojmoH} "teach" is really a
straightforward "cause to learn."  It's apparent that {tuHmoH} is the verb
"to be ashamed" with the suffix {-moH}.

>I think you are reading too much into it again. ;-)

mu'mey DaghItlhbogh neH DIlaDlaH.  pe'vIl bIghItlhtaH.  yIleS.
I think you are WRITING too much into it. :-)

 -- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level