tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 08 11:51:14 1995

Re[8]: }}} Dialects (was:...

On Tue, 8 Aug 1995 ~mark wrote:

>>bItuHmoH'egh. (As she shakes her finger at him.)

>"-'egh" is a type-1 suffix, so it has to come first.  "bItuH'eghmoH".
>Yes, I know that sounds counter-intuitive, but the suffix-ordering is
>fixed.

Wait a second.  <tuHmoH> is the verb "to shame".  I can't believe that you break
up words.  I didn't want to say "You cause yourself to be ashamed."

>This is okay for "You shame yourself"... but are you trying for "you should
>be ashamed of yourself"?  Maybe "bItuHnIS!" or "yItuH!" would work better.

It was supposed to be "Shame on you."  I figured "You shame yourself" was close.
I think you are reading too much into it again. ;-)

>~mark

r'Hul

Back to archive top level