tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 25 09:31:45 1994

Re: News and Announcements

Hu'tegh! nuq ja' [email protected] jay'?

First: if anyone still has a copy of Guido's comments on my Hamlet translation,
could they forward it to me?

=1) I had a long chat with Marc Okrand the other day.  He and I discussed some
=innovative ways to work around his schedule and lack of time.  There are some
=ideas in the works, folks, and if things go as I believe they will, you can
=expect to see quite a bit from Dr. Okrand on a regular basis in future issues
=of HolQeD, quite possibly even as soon as the next issue!

Lawrence was amazed there was no comment about this...

... well, I dunno. Unless I get into a fight with Krankor or Proechel, I
don't feel there's anything left for Okrand to say. I've got enough grammar
and lexicon for my purposes. I'll even give up on my irrealis marker
request (since Chinese survives without one.) Still, if this is going to
happen, someone should group together those various lists of things we were
going to ask the man, and make sure he answers the most substantial ones. We
shouldn't be wasting time asking him about how to translate 'with', when we
already know how.

Elias, you proposed the first such list, so I think you should do this.

As for Klingon drool inducement, remind me; was Lursa the one massaging
the Bald Avenger's scalp between her moQDu', or was that the other one?

=:: POB 634, Flourtown, PA 19031 USA :: DaH HuchlIj'e' ghonob  ::

I cannot believe you said that, Lawrence! *Hagh*

--
Nick.

Back to archive top level