tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 22 16:05:03 1994

Trekkie Pizza, quotha

>From aus.sf.star-trek Wed Mar 23 19:59:56 1994
Newsgroups: aus.sf.star-trek
From: [email protected] (Bryan Gaensler)
Subject: Pizza for the Trekkies
Sender: [email protected]
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 1994 06:22:27 GMT

In today's (23/3/94) issue of "The Daily Telegraph Mirror",
buried away on page 48, was an article entitled "Pizza for
the Trekkies" :

	"Pizza Hut has produced the first completely non-
	English advertisement to be screened on British
	television : in the Star Trek language of Klingon."

	"The firm was helped by Paramount Studios, which
	produces the TV series and also devised a Klingon
	dictionary and a book on speaking Klingon."

	"Klingon can now be studied as a language at some
	American universities. The ad ends with 'kroar bratek
	slucks' which in Klingon means 'For a Star Trek Next
	Generation Cup' and the catchphrase 'Hit the Hut'
	translates as 'ritke bech plic'."

| Bryan Gaensler                  | "I protest. I am NOT a merry man!"    |
| E-mail : [email protected]   |      - Lt. Worf, Qpid                 |

--

[I only report these things. Kroar Bratek Slucks, quotha. Burn, Paramount,
Burn! quoth I...

Nick.]

Back to archive top level