tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 29 06:04:25 1994

Do, ray', mI'(was:Bad to

>From: [email protected] (Jennifer James)
>Date: Tue, 28 Jun 94 15:35:00 -0640

>tlhaQbejqu' mughlIj.  mu'reH Dachoqbej.  majQa'!  parHa'.
                       ^^^^^^

This threw me a second.  We don't really have any evidence that you can
make compounds like this, with a noun and a verb.  We know you can compound
nouns with nouns, but that's it.  Besides, it's pretty obviously a
loan-translation.  Hmm, can we do better?  I suppose we could use "Quj"
instead of "reH", wince we know that's a noun, but it's still a cheap
translation.  Any better ideas?

>Jennifer James

~mark

Back to archive top level