tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 07 23:49:15 1994

Help!

Hiya,

I have been working my way through Dave's postal course, but am still
a comparative novice at tlhIngan Hol. I do keep up with this list, but
haven't been posting much at all.

Why am I calling for help? Because I have just been hired by Wake Tech
Community College (Raleigh, NC) to teach a ten-week class in Klingon
Language and Culture. The class will be one night a week for three hours per
night, starting September 19 and running through November 21.

Would you believe they advertised for the position opening (well, it is
Continuing Education Division, and you can get anything taught in a
community college con-ed program).

My plans between now and Spetember 19 include:

1) cram.
2) Munch harder through Dave's course.
3) Vocab study, etc.
4) Attempting to budget to afford a trip to *Philidelphia* in July.
(anybody in NC want to carpool?)

What I want from those who read this mailing list:
1) advice (not expected to run short on that)
2) things to do in/with class: drills, learning games, tips, etc.
(anyone out there have a syllabus already done I can use for ideas for my
own?)
3) anything I have not mentioned you think I should know.

Thanks a lot.
(in advance)

Steve Burnett
[email protected]