tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 07 11:10:20 1994

Age of ascension ritual

I was going throught the age of ascension entry in the Startrek Encyclopedia
so I could use it on Trekmoo, when I noticed that the tlhIngan Hol for the
ascendee's proclamaition is a mess.  It reads:

"DaHjaj SuvwI'e' jiH.  tIgwIj Sa'angNIS.  Iw bIQtIqDaq jIjaH." or
"Today I am a warrior.  I must show you my heart.  I travel the river of
blood."

First of all, isn't it a pain when the font used displayed I's and l's the
same! [mumble mumble]

Obvious errors are tIg for heart which should be tIq and Iw instead of 'Iw
and jiH rather than jIH.

So that I can quote the proclamation correctly, could double check that the
following is correct?

DaHjaj SuvwI''e' jIH   tIqwIj Sa'angnIS   'Iw bIQtIqDaq jIjaH

Thanks.

Also, what is the *correct* way to isolate sentances in tlhIngan Hol?  I
added three spaces between sentances rather than the original "."'s, but
what's official way?

(visit Trekmoo today via TELNET trekmoo.microserve.com 2499)

Back to archive top level