tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 06 09:54:11 1994

Kling Con 94 folds

It is my sad task to inform the mailing list that Kling Con 94, to be held
this August in Fresno, CA, has folded.

I was informed of this earlier today.  Apparently the major financial backer
had to withdraw (for personal reasons) and the con committee simply did not
have the money to continue.  A major reason for this was the "star" fee of
the main guest, Majel Barrett Roddenberry.  Even though MBR was appearing at
a reduced fee (due to the charitable intent of the con), the fee was still
thousands of bucks, and more than the con could guarantee.

Oh well.  They plan for bigger and better next year.

So, if you were planning to see me at Kling Con in August, sorry folks, it
ain't gonna happen (unless YOU fly me in).  Of course, there's still time to
book a flight to Philadelphia for the KLI meeting next week.

Lawrence

:: Dr Lawrence M Schoen, Director   ::
:: The Klingon Language Institute   ::
:: POB 634, Flourtown, PA 19031 USA ::