tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 06 06:27:42 1994

Justice belongs to the strong

>From: "William H. Martin" <[email protected]>
>Date: Tue, 5 Jul 94 19:10:37 EDT

>According to Kevin A. Geiselman, Knight Errant:
>>

>> I seem to recall sometime back, someone did did a restoration into Klingon
>> of the proverb "If there are gods they do not help and justice belongs to
>> the strong" from John Ford's "The Final Reflection"  Could someone send me
>> that if they have it just lying about?
>>
>> Kordite, Intelligence Officer, IKV Dark Justice, Klingon Assault Group
>>
>Well, I don't have it lying about, but I can make it up, if
>that suits:

>yab ghajchugh San vaj nuQaHQo' 'ej ruv tu' SuvwI' HoS neH.

>charghwI'

Man oh man.  Just when I needed a pick-me-up like this, you come out with
such a gem.  I forgot how skilled you were at coming up with phraseology
that so perfectly expresses a complex point without getting stalled by its
dissimilarity with the original.  bIDoj.

~mark

Back to archive top level