tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 05 00:13:43 1994

Re: DaqDaq?

>> Okay, I've run into a problem.  I want to translate the phrase "May
>> you die slowly in bed."  mu'qaD veS, naturally.
>>
>> QongDaqDaq QIt jIHeghjaj
>
>QIt QongDaqDaq bIHeghjaj
>
>I don't see anything wrong with using {QongDaqDaq}.  After all,
>{QongDaq} can be seen as a compound noun (taking Okrand's perogative to use
>verbs as nouns) as "sleeping | location." Since {Daq} is a noun,
>you're free to use it as such!
>
>Watch out for your prefixes!  You said, "may I slowly die...."
>
>--Holtej

Wnen B (my cousin) and I were translating stuff, we translated
bed as {Qongnagh} sleep-stone.  Remember the beds that Picard and Data
were given in Unification?  Slabs of stone -- hence sleep-stone.

Our humble opinion only.

Susan

Back to archive top level