tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 22 00:08:10 1994

Re: beginner

=> From: Will Martin <[email protected]>
=> Subject: Re: beginner

=>      Beyond that, I do not remember beating up on any beginners. I LIKE
=> beginners. I'd like to have a lot more people to talk and write to,
=> especially those who, like myself, are not professional linguists. If my
=> behavior discourages beginners, please be specific. I do not wish to have
=> that effect. Meanwhile, this message could easily be interpreted as an
=> attempt to beat up on ME. Fortunately, I'm more difficult to offend than
=> that...

	Agreed that this was an attack on you,  but as you said,  I wanted
to make it clear that what you were saying,  offends someone.

	I had taken a one paragraph from you elaborating about how I should
get off my duff and go transcribe the tapes,  an activity I will be doing. What
I disagreed with at the time was the ferocity of your statements,  and that
is my only complaint against your messages.

	    Thank you for your response,
			-Al

Back to archive top level