tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 08 01:38:30 1994

Re: word list

\   Has anyone actually contacted Marc Okrand about permission
\and what use he will allow of his work?  I realize it would  put
\an end to all these intriguing discussions on what is fair use :)
\but it might be interesting to find out what he thinks.
\ So anyone know how he can be contacted??

	He has been contacted by members of this list and the KLI before;
he's generally very open and enthusiastic about what we're doing.  But it is
not he who owns the rights, but Paramount, who owns the rights and privileges
to Star Trek and all things thereunto appertaining, amen.  They are the ones
with the claim and the money to pay the lawyers and the likelihood of pursuing
the claim.

-marqoS

Back to archive top level