tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 29 03:30:40 1994

this'n'that

Well, my mailbox is now down to 39 messages I want to go back and look at
more seriously and maybe post a few replies.  But preliminary to that are
just a few thoughts.

I posted clear guidelines about transliteration, so people decide to go have
lengthy arguments about transliteration.  I post a sincere post about message
conservation, and then, on Aug 28 alone, trI'Qal posts some 19 posts.  WHy
do I even bother?  Is anybody listening out there?

By the way, as a side note, Guido's current style of including the English
in square brackets after his first use of the transliteration satisfactorily
remedies the worst objections to transliteration, and is perfectly within the
spirit of the guidelines of this list.  I, Mr. Anti-transliteration-guy, have
no problem with it.

I've noticed a number of uses of ['e' Sov Hoch].  There is certainly absolutely
nothing wrong with this, but I always feel a little sad that the opportunity
to use [net Sov] was not used.  Yeah, the meanings are not identical, but I
always enjoy a good [net]. {{:-)

The ongoing debate about N-N vs. compound nouns looks really interesting, but
quite lengthy.  My request is that, when the dust has settled on this
discussion (whether through agreement or simply agreement to disagree), could
someone (*one* person, please!) please post a summary?

I am officially declaring long posts about saran wrap to be OFF TOPIC.  If you
want to continue this discussion, it'll have to be in tlhIngan Hol.

More to come...

			--Krankor

Back to archive top level