tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Aug 20 01:15:10 1994

Re: KLBC: Re: rI' nobmey nobw...

trI'Qalvo':

> > I know that {net} is listed in TKD as a noun, but I object to your
> > using it in a compound, *{netvam}.  It's like, "this that."  Also,
>
> <net> is a noun?  Really?  This is news to me.  I always thought it was
> just a pronoun/adverbial!

I was addressing a beginner, and when I do so, I try to consider the thought
process behind a construction, such as using the N1 N2 construction for a
partitive, because English uses "of" for both genitives and partitives.

Of course {net} is chuvmey.  I was misleading is saying it's a noun, when it
is in fact chuvmey.  DaH HIHoH.

--Holtej

Back to archive top level