tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 02 01:01:02 1994

Re: Klinpack, charghwI' correcting himself

>On Sat, 30 Jul 1994, ghItlhpu' HoD trI'Qal:
>> > On Thu 21 Jul 94 06:54, ghItlhpu' Mark E. Shoulson:

 << much wonderful debate deleted >>
>> > I would say:
>> > Soplu'meH yuchbeH
>> Except that this is grammitically incorrect.  -lu' means there is an
>> indefinite subject... and you are trying to have a subject of <yuch>.
>
>chuQun shakes her head and rolls her eyes.  "WHat have I started?" she
>asks the Powers That Be
>
><Hoch'u' tebtaH HoSpu'> = PTB???
>chuQun

Well, for my part, I find the debates like this over the finer points of
grammer and suffix/prefix use and all that other good stuff, very
enlightening and most educational.  I really learn alot from a good debate
between people who know what they're talking about.

Good gentles, pray lay on!  :-)

Susan

Back to archive top level