tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 27 06:56:39 1994

KLBC: Grammar Question

 >... bIchep bIneHchugh, quv DaquvmoH 'e' Daqaw

 Uu> Oooh!  I like this quote!  "If you want to prosper, remember to honour
 Uu> honour!"  I see only two faults with it:  You need to have
 Uu> <DaneHchugh>, and  if you wanted it to be an imperative (the way I gave
 Uu> the English translation), you need it to be <yIqaw>

The <DaneHchugh> I should have realized...  duh.  As for the imperative, I
wasn't sure, so I didn't do it that way;  but you're right, it *should* be
imperative.

Bill

... bIghuH 'e' Dalujchugh vaj bIluj 'e' DaghuH.

Back to archive top level