tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 18 06:40:30 1994

Re: KLBC: Grammar question

Bilvo':

> Uu> proposed change, and indeed would do it as:  chaq DaHjaj yInmeH QaQ
> Uu> jaj.  [Yep, apophasis].
>
>Umm..  apophasis?

That's two of us... please don't use technical terms some of us don't have
terran dictionaries handy to look up. {{;)

>I think I'm in dire need of assistance in the proper way of translating  the
>-meH suffix into English!  (Have you addressed this one in HolQeD yet,
>Captain?)

Let me address this one in my next post... at least, a little bit. :)

>... bIchep bIneHchugh, quv DaquvmoH 'e' Daqaw

Oooh!  I like this quote!  "If you want to prosper, remember to honour
honour!"  I see only two faults with it:  You need to have <DaneHchugh>, and
if you wanted it to be an imperative (the way I gave the English translation),
you need it to be <yIqaw>  (pages 33-34 of your handy-dandy Klingon
Dictionary...)

--HoD trI'Qal

Back to archive top level