tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 13 14:56:43 1993

Re: law' puqpu' -- tidbits

     Captain Krankor comes through once again with an appropriately strong,
yet reasonable response. I accept his point and respond to a few minor
details:
> >> He also put in nuqneH
> >> with some misgivings, but that doesn't mean we go around telling
> >> people to avoid saying it.

     He then reinforced nuqneH rather heavily on CK, so if he doesn't like
the term, he's doing a lousy job of burying it.

> You see, I have no real
> problem with you and I discussing and disagreeing over this [use of "to
be"].
> ...But the point is that this is
> a controversial, cutting edge arguement, and it is COMPLETELY UNFAIR
> AND INAPPROPRIATE to embroil someone who is just getting going
> *learning* the language in such controversy.

     Herein lies my error. I had no idea that a beginner would be so
sensitive to my suggestion that by advising him to reconsider the option of
restructuring the sentence into something a little more naturally Klingon. I
never considered it "hitting him over the head." I'll try to be a little more
PC in the future, though the thought of a sensitive, gentle Klingon stretches
the imagination a bit.

> I'm not clear on IMESHO.  It looks similar to IMHO.

     In My Ever So Humble Opinion...

> I am not likely to
> misinterpret honest disagreement on a point with personal attack; I
> trust the feeling is mutually shared.

     Through grinning, jagged teeth.

Qapla', HoDwI',

--   charghwI'