tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 14 17:19:11 1993

More Newbie Questions

Hope you ghotpu' (people, right?) don't mind these relatively simple
questions, but I've no one around here to ask...

My first question is kinda broad.  How do you "interpret" the subject-object
relationship with some words.  For instance, "disagree" is Qoch.
If I wanted to convey "I disagree with you", would I use the qa- prefix, for
me/you, or just jI- for me/none, and use SoHmo' (you, due to) as an object?
It doesn't seem to me that disagree would take an object, but does would it
for Klingon translation?

So, qaQoch, or SoHmo' jIQoch?  Or something completely different?

...Paul

Back to archive top level