tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Dec 04 21:44:18 1993

Re: tlhIngan mu'ghom'a' chu'

HoD trI'Qal wrote:
>Yes, a new dictionary would be nice, but I personally don't think it
>is realistic at this time.  If you really are tired of flipping twice
>through the dictionary, or wondering if words cam out in the new
>lists, just do what I did:
>
>I added in all the new vocabulary by hand on both sides of the
>dictionary.  Think it will take too muctime?  Then don't growl
>about looking twice in the book.  That takes time too. {{:)

I was frustrated by the constant flipping, too.  I decided to type all
the words of Klingon into a word processor, and then I could use it's
search function to find a word in a snap.  When I was done, though, I
wanted more, so I wrote a program, with it's own search routines,
which recognizes the morphology on roots, and returns analyses.  It
saves me a heck of a lot of time.

If anyone is interseted in critique-ing the program, I'll forward
copies.  E-mail me a request.

d'Armond Speers
[email protected]

Back to archive top level